View the class descriptions page for more information about our classes.
Warning: DO NOT press the back button on your browser at any time during checkout. This can cause your registration to fail. If you are registering another person, please go back to the classes page and then start registration there after you complete your registration.
Designed for new or “rusty” AR-15 shooters, this class will cover the history of the AR-15 Rifle, disassembly and reassembly, safety, nomenclature, cycle of operation, rifle takedown, and the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship. Once on the range, participants will sight in their rifle while attaining their personal “battle-sight zero”. Students will also practice stationary target shooting utilizing either their optical or iron sights. Optical sights are optional if participants bring their own AR-15.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid FOID card.
- You must provide your personal AR-15 and two 30-round magazines.
- A special arrangement to rent an OnTarget AR-15 is possible with advance notice.
- Student must bring 100 rounds of OnTarget approved ammunition
- Eye and ear protection will be provided.
- Wear proper shooting attire (crew neck shirt and closed toe, high traction shoes) for range portion of class
- Bring two-point rifle sling (optional)
- Bring a great attitude!
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso