This summer, test your speed, accuracy, and judgment utilizing deadly force when employing a firearm in a self-defense situation.
The VirTra Shooting Challenge!
“What is VirTra Again?”
The Virtra 100, located in our air-conditioned classroom, is our firearm training simulator used by police, military, and our CCW students. The system is designed to sharpen shooting accuracy and judgment skills when confronted with on-screen, virtual deadly force situations.
Outfitted with a laser in the barrel, and a CO2 cartridge to simulate recoil, the Glock 17 is the firearm used with the VirTra system.
“How does the competition work?”
Each contestant will be given one scenario from each of the below categories:
- · Marksmanship skills and drills
- · Hostage Situations
- · Concealed Carry Situations
Note: Beginning at the low ready position, each contestant will get two tries at each scenario. We will then take his or her best score. Marksmanship skills are scored by accuracy and time. The hostage and concealed carry scenarios are scored on a pass/fail basis. For an example of a “passing” score, the contestant must incapacitate the assailant(s) in 4 shots or less without any harm to innocent bystanders.
“What are the prizes?”
First Prize – A Glock 19 Gen4 semi-automatic handgun
Second Prize – A one-year OnTarget family membership
Third Prize – A free rib dinner for 4 at the Crystal Lake Rib House (alcoholic beverages not included)
“What else should I know?”
- · Must be 21 or over to compete.
- · You can sign up by paying the entry fee in the pro shop or by calling us at 815-477-2020.
- · Please reserve a 15 minute competition time with a 24-hour advance notice.
- · If you are unhappy with your score, you may sign up again by paying another entry fee.
- · Final scores will be computed on August 15. The winners will be contacted by close of business on that date.
- · If two or more contestants are tied with the same score, OnTarget will schedule a tiebreaker shoot.·
“When will the competition be held?”
The competition will be held Mon-Fri 12P-4P & Sat./Sun. from 10A-12P, beginning June 17 – August 13, 2016.
Only $20.00 to enter!
All contestants are encouraged to practice on the VirTra prior to competing. VirTra rates are $60 an hour up to 4 individuals. The VirTra simulator is available 12pm- 4pm Monday thru Friday, and 10am-2pm Saturdays and Sundays when the competition is not in progress and the VirTra classroom is available. Always call for reservations at least 24 hours in advance.